I was digging around in my purse yesterday after brunch, getting ready to pay my part of the check when I froze, panic flooding through me. It was gone. I furiously took out my keys, metro card, wallet and phone, frantically searching for the one thing I make sure to never ever leave home without: my Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.
Soothing. Cooling. Refreshing, 100% natural. There’s a lot of love packed into that little golden tube. I’ve been slightly addicted for several years now, going so far as to keep one in every purse I own in case I ever come across a situation where my lips are dry and cracked and hurty and in need of instant conditioning. So when I realized today I may have lost a Burt’s along the way, I instantly headed over to the drugstore to restock.
The truth is, my lip balm is more than just a preventative measure against chapped lips–it’s my secret weapon. Not only have I come to rely upon it to gloss over cracks, it’s also become my go-to moisturizer, breath mint and manicurist. Seriously. It’s the world’s most magical beauty tool. Here’s proof:
- Sure, dry lips are the worst, but so is dry anything. Lip balm works to soften up rough elbows and knees too! And the beeswax doesn’t leave behind any sticky residue.
- My cuticles are still probably the ugliest things you will ever see in your life (I pick when I’m nervous), but they would be in even rougher shape if I didn’t moisturize from time to time. I find my Burt’s Bees works especially well as a cuticle cream, helping me to whip them back into shape after a particularly brutal bout with anxiety.
- It keeps your makeup on! I use it to seal my lipstick in place. It keeps the color even and prevents it from fading quite so fast. A few dabs on your eyelids will also keep your eyeshadow from creasing.
- A swipe of Burt’s Bees peppermint lip balm leaves you feeling like you just brushed your teeth. It leaves your breath fresh and minty!
- It keeps stray hairs in place! All those little ponytail flyaways near your temples seriously don’t stand a chance. It’s like a glue stick for your hair kind of. Is that gross?
So hey, thanks Burt! You’re pretty much my best friend. See? All smiles!